Specialty Vehicle Insurance
What is Boat and Watercraft Insurance?
Boat and watercraft insurance protects water sports enthusiasts against the financial burden of an accident. If an unexpected accident should happen, Sentry Insurance gives you the peace of mind you need to know that you are protected.
Why do I need Boat and Watercraft Insurance?
With a Sentry boat and watercraft insurance policy, you can set sail knowing that you have protection designed specifically for your boat or watercraft. Insurance can help cover the costs of repairs to your boat or watercraft, as well as any medical costs that may arise for you or individuals involved.
The Coverages You Need
Sentry’s boat and watercraft insurance coverages include:
- Physical Damage – provides protection against physical damage to the boat
- Liability – provides protection from legal liability due to any accidents resulting from the maintenance, ownership or use of your boat or watercraft. This includes bodily injury, property damage and legal defense.
- Medical Payment – pays medical expenses up to a determined amount. It covers friends, family and any other occupants of the boat injured in an accident
- Replacement Cost Personal Effects – replaces boat accessories such as trolling motors and life jackets if the boat is stolen
What does Boat and Watercraft Insurance Cover?
A boat and watercraft insurance policy can protect you financially against most risks of owning and operating your boat, motor and trailer.
These risks include:
All equipment permanently attached to the boat is covered under your policy along with:
- Skis and tow ropes
- Electric trolling motors
- Life preservers
- Extra fuel tanks
- Seat cushions
- Detachable canopies
What is Recreational Vehicle (RV) Insurance?
Sentry’s RV insurance protects you whether you’re out on the water, in the snow or on the trail.
The Coverages You Need
To ensure proper coverage, Sentry offers Motorized RV and Towable RV insurance for several different kinds of vehicles – Type A motor homes, Type B van campers and Type C mini motor homes as well as sport utility and towable RVs.
Sentry’s RV coverages include:
- Comprehensive and Collision – pays for the cost of repair or replacement if your RV is stolen or damaged by collision, fire, theft or vandalism.
- Total Loss Replacement – provides you with a brand new version of your RV if it is totaled within the first four model years. Depending on your coverage you will be compensated based on actual cash value.
- Replacement Cost Personal Effects – replaces the personal items in your RV due to a loss that is covered by your policy
- Vacation Liability – covers any property damage or bodily injury that occurs at your vacation site
- Emergency Expense – pays for hotels and transportation if you suffer a covered loss
- Medical Payments – pays for the cost of medical treatment caused in an RV accident